Career Thoughts and Office Space Ideas
Now that the challenges of the pandemic are more calm, many people are going back to work in-person. Some call it “hitting the office hard”. Bottom line, if you enjoy your work environment and surroundings, it makes a huge difference in your day. It makes it that much easier to get back into the swing of things in-office. Your workspace matters.
Years ago, I chose my office space – which quickly became a home away from home – for a few good reasons. I knew I was going to be putting in a lot of overtime so I wanted a local place where I could feel comfortable and relaxed. I found that in Passaic, NJ.
Our location has a downtown feeling that I really related to and public transportation right at our doorstep – a great convenience for my staff. And the space is bursting with creative paintings, outdoor gardens, beautiful and whimsical birdhouses and the aroma of fresh food and soups coming from our neighbors and landlords downstairs, A1 Nutrition. (I think of A1 as my personal Cheers Bar – for those who remember the show!)
Want to ensure you have a home office, away from home? Ask yourself these questions:
- What influences your mood and productivity?
- How do you feel about the scenery when commuting to your office?
- Are the building and area safe and easily accessible?
- Is the space well-maintained? Is it decorated?
- What are the parking and transportation/traffic situations?
- Is it a friendly workplace?
- Is it noisy inside and/or outside the office space?
- At the end of the workday, do you feel satisfied and accomplished?
Consider these things when reflecting on both your current and future office spaces. If you discover you’re not getting that feeling of peace on the job, it might be time you sought a more enjoyable place to work. Our Career Solutions Group (CSG) program can help you find exactly what you need in a workplace!
#qualityoflife, #yourworkspacematters, #enjoyyoursurroundings #homeoffice #homeawayfromhome